Novacool UEF is a specialized fire suppression agent that offers several advantages for ethanol plants. Here are 8 reasons why ethanol plants should consider using Novacool UEF for their fire suppression needs:
1. Enhanced Fire Suppression: Novacool UEF is designed for combating Class B fires, which involve flammable liquids such as ethanol. It has excellent extinguishing properties and can quickly and effectively suppress fires in ethanol plants, minimizing the potential for catastrophic damage. Novacool is equally effective on Class A fires, oftentimes resulting from Class B fires and will provide exposure protection.
2. Novacool extinguishes 3D fires, something no other foam can do, as shown in head-to-head testing against AFFF, AR-AFFF, other wetting agents and the new, 3% fluorine-free foams.
3. Superior Cooling and Heat Resistance: Ethanol fires can reach extremely high temperatures, making it challenging to control them effectively. Novacool UEF has exceptional cooling capabilities and can withstand high heat levels. It is absorbed into the fuel, emulsifying the water and ethanol or other polar solvents, rapidly reducing the temperature and preventing re-ignition.
4. Environmentally Friendly: Novacool UEF is an environmentally conscious choice for fire suppression. It is made from organic surfactants, is biodegradable, non-toxic, and does not contain any hazardous ingredients. It has no environmental impact, reducing concerns about long-term pollution or contamination in case of accidental discharge.
5. Reduced Water Damage: Traditional firefighting methods often involve using large amounts of water to extinguish fires. While water is effective, it can cause significant water damage to equipment and facilities. Novacool UEF requires significantly less water compared to conventional methods, minimizing the potential for water-related damage during fire suppression operations.
6. Novacool UEF, used at a Maximum Mix Rate of 0.5%, is the most cost-effective extinguishing agent for polar solvent fuels. Compared to 3-6% AR-AFFFF, Novacool is used at 1/6th to 1/2th the concentration meaning that the finished foam cost is significantly less.
7. Novacool UEF has an indefinite shelf-life. It will not separate, saving you time on annual inspections and replacement costs in the event you never have a fire.
8. Compatibility and Ease of Use: Novacool UEF is compatible with standard firefighting equipment, including handlines, nozzles, and foam systems. It can be easily integrated into existing fire suppression systems without requiring extensive modifications. Moreover, Novacool UEF is easy to apply and requires minimal training for personnel, simplifying its implementation in ethanol plants.